Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year 2009!! My Four Favorite Food Groups

To toast the New Year of 2009 I am now confessing my four favorite food groups of all time. These also work so well together, let the tastes bounce around.

Cognac
Go to your local wine store that carries cognac and ask for the proprietor's favorite French Cognac under $50. I have gone to Howard's Wine Cellar





Chocolate
Get a big 5 Kg block of the best chocolate, Callibaut or Vahlrona, or Sharffenberges
Get the bittersweet
Chip off a generous piece to have with the other food groups.




Coffee
I like the dark and medium roasts of Metropolis Coffee in Chicago, named the best in Chicago. Brew in your favorite way.




Cigar
I love the rich taste of a good cigar. I like the shorter, thicker ones. Although it is very hard to find a cigar friendly setting for this. Maybe warmer weather, outside.


Enjoy all,

Chef Howard

No comments: